"Just a "thank you" is a mighty powerful prayer. Says it all." - Rosie Cash
Before starting, Thanks for being a reader of Blogging With Success. It's great to know that awesome people like you are reading my posts.
Did I won a lottery?
Did a reader send me a surprise gift?
Then why would I, out of nowhere, say thanks to you?
Well, because you deserve it. Realize it or not, readers like you are the real source of inspiration for me. It's always great to know that you are benefiting from my posts and it fuels me further to write better.
And you have given me something that's above any value, your time.
Whether you give my posts 20 seconds or 2 minutes, thanks for your time.
Have you ever thought about saying "thank you"?
Not the formal email "thank you" and not the comment's forced "thank you", just plain old thank you.
After publishing the Ultimate Blogging FAQ, I got two great mails and two awesome comments.
Marcus of The Sales Lion said:
Hi Ishan, today was my first day on your blog and frankly I was blown away. Beautiful site and INCREDIBLE article.
Jason of Skywards said:
Just wanted to thanks you for stopping by Skyward and commenting.
I stopped by your blog as well, and man I don't know who designed that thing, but they outdid themselves....it's gorgeous.
JK Allen of Hustler's Notebook said:
Ishan – now that was value. I wish I would have had that 5 months ago (as I’ve been saying a lot lately), but I benefit from each of these tips right now. Absolutely a great list of tips.
Bryan of Elevation life said:
Ishan, brother, you outdid yourself on this one. This is perhaps one of the most in-depth tutorials for beginner bloggers I have ever seen.
Now, there was one thing common among all these messages. They told me that I added some value to my last post and inspired me to something better next time(and trust me, there is something great waiting for you).
That's a the power of a small thank you.
Saying Thank You To Blog Owners
Appreciating blog owners can boost them. As a blog owner, I am sure you know the feeling when you get a great comment or email.
Here are some ways to say thank you to a blog owner:
- Comment: Simple, let him know via a comment.
- Email: Send an email from contact form.
- Social Media: You can say thanks via social media sites like twitter.
- Mention: Mentioning others in a post can also work great. See how JK Allen mentioned me and other friends in The Maturation Of A Hustler and Radu Tyrsina(Radu, if you change your name, let me know. I will update this post! ) in Create Your Tribe Using Power Of Commenting.
Saying Thank You To Your Readers
As a blogger, you should always say thank you to your readers.
It tells them that you appreciate their value and accept their friendship. Naturally, they will come back again to your blog.
As a commentator, when you encounter something great, say thank you and retweet or stumble that post.
And how to say thanks?
Here are some ways:
- Just Say It: Why waiting for a special occasion? Just say thank you when you get the chance. At the end of posts? Say it. Replying to comments? Say it.
- Offer Help: Helping someone in need is our job. If your readers need help, offer it. Help in whatever way you can. Always remember, Karma Is Real. When you help someone, something great will find its way back to you. I recently encountered a website called Blog Mentor which offers free reviews for bloggers and the owner answers the questions. The identity of the owner is secret but I guess he is an experienced blogger trying to give back.
- Offer A Free Book/Course: By Free, I do not mean something crappy or expired. Offer something valuable. Something that is really useful to your readers. Sean D'Souza is a great example. He is offering his $2500 Brain Alchemy course for free. Yes, value is $2500 if you think I made a typo and it is really free! Between, I'd recommend you to check it out. I had started saving for it but then he made it free, so I am also enrolled!
These were just some small ways.
You can come up with anything equally great.
How do you say thanks to your readers?
And by the way, thanks for reading.