What’s the difference between “Good” and “Awesome”?
Everyone can be good. That’s being part of the crowd. Losing your unique identity!
But people who are good can stand out of crowd. They are the ones we recognize and remember!
- Get A Redesign: Bored with the same old design? Well, how about a complete redesign. Pick up a great theme and go on to give your blog a fresh look.
- Do Not Set Goals: Goals can take more time than anything else and sometimes, even prevent you from doing something great. It might be better to just give up goals. Read more in Leo Babauta’s post achieving, without goals.
- Write Freely: Following no goals, try to write a post without any goals. That will truly unleash your creativity. When I started writing this post, I thought about “50 Ways” but I am setting myself free now. Let’s see how much I can do without the goal of 50!
- Make New Blogging Buddies: Go out and make relationships. Make new friends. Friends who care about you and your blog.
- Learn To Find Opportunities: Like ideas, opportunities are everywhere. Learn to respond when an opportunity strikes your door.
- Create Opportunities: Opportunities like guest posts don’t come at your door, you have to create them. Go out and create new opportunities.
- Realize Your Potential: No one is born talentless. You have something special within you, waiting to be discovered. Discover it and bring it out through your blog.
- Be Persistent: Learn how to be persistent and do not give up to anything. Further Reading: 17 Keys To Unlock Your Future by Jonathan.
- Blog Like A Kid: Why so serious? Become a kid again! Bring in that creativity. Experiment! Further Reading: Why Would You Ever Want To Grow Anyway? by Arvind Devalia.
- Be An Angel: As I am writing this post, I am listening to the song Looking For Angels by Skillet. It just reminds me how we need help many times and need an angel to rescue us. If you find a fellow blogger in need of help, be an angel for him, help! That will not only give you some satisfaction but also show in your writing and blog. Just do it once and see the effect.
- Start Video Blogging: Videos engage readers. If you have not yet started video blogging, try posting a video or two and see the response. If you are looking for a good guide on video blogging, try Rapid Video Blogging.
- SEO Your Posts: Yep, I am the same guy that says that SEO is secondary. Still, you should not forget about importance of search engines and after you have optimized for humans, take a look at SEO. I recommend using Scribe SEO for checking your posts.
- Write Long Posts: Long posts look boring? Not when done correctly. Two of my friends, Elise of Elise Review and Tito of Naijapreneur do a great job with writing detailed posts and always come up with great stuff.
- Write Awesome Comments: Quality comments can easily get lot of traffic to your blog. However, most important part is that they show your authority. Next time, do not comment on other blogs just because you have to comment. Go on and write an awesome comment!
- Build Momentum: Momentum is very important. In both Physics exam and in life. Learn to ride momentum. Further Reading: How To Harness The Power Of Momentum.
- Enjoy Writing: What’s the use of forcing yourself to write something when you don’t want to? Learn To Enjoy Writing.
- Do Not Be A Typical Blogger: Are you blogging just to pass time? Because you have nothing else to do? Then stop this right now. Do not be a typical blogger. Learn to love blogging.
- Dominate: Just satisfied with a teeny tiny bit of success? Do not be satisfied. Work hard, work smart and do not just succeed, dominate!
- Break The Rules: Why are you following the rules? Did someone ask you to? No! Rules are meant to be broken. And when they are broken at right time, result is awesome. I just did it with my post Dear Spammers, We Listen To You Too. It was nothing about blogging, just poking fun at spammers but it worked well with readers!
- Say Thanks: Learn to say thanks to your readers. They are the ones who made you what you are. Without them you are nothing!
- Say No: Being helpful is great but when you can’t help someone, learn to say no.
- Be Creditable: Being creditable is important as a blogger. Learn the impact of credibility.
- Turn Old Into New: Do not forget about your old posts. Learn to recycle the content. Turn Old Into New.
- Do Not Settle For Normal: What is “normal” or “good”? It is nothing but an excuse stopping you from achieving your goals? Everyone writes “good” posts. You have to write awesome to be the best!
- Get The Basics Right: If the foundation is weak, nothing can save a building from collapsing. You need to get the basics of your blog right. Do not expect some new software or theme to improve your blog. Get the blogging basics right.
- Follow A Strategy: Without strategy, your blog will progress in many directions. It will be like a role-playing game. You want the best but you are not sure which way to go. So, you end up with a good archer, a good swordsman, a good fighter. But you will not win the fights. Because battles are won by the people following a strategy, a definite path. An awesome archer can beat your character, so can an awesome swordsman and an awesome fighter. To not write whatever comes to your mind. Find an agenda, a strategy, and follow it.
- Be A Friend: Are you also a blogging expert? Well, looks like 54% bloggers consider themselves an expert! But there’s a small problem with the word “expert”, at least in the beginning. Expert gives sense of someone above you. And an expert is also someone who people will not contact thinking “He knows a lot! He will make fun of me for asking this small question.” Do not be an expert. If you want to help your readers, be their friend.
What do you say?
Ready to be “awesome”?