New bloggers have one problem in common: they find it hard to attract traffic. They write a couple of posts, do some promotion, wait for people to come, but then, what happens? Nothing! No comments, very few visits and a lot of frustration!
In this post, I discuss five ways which bloggers can use to easily attract traffic to their new blog.
- Guest Posting. Guest Posting is one the best methods of blog promotion. It may take time to write a good post, but the list of benefits is very long. Initially, you may not get too much traffic directly from the post, but search engine traffic will definitely increase (if you choose a good blog). Recently, I did a guest post on a PageRank 6 blog with 20,000+ subscribers. While only 30 direct visitors came, traffic from Google has doubled and is increasing steadily!
- Commenting. Commenting on other blogs can bring in new visitors. If you leave quality comments, blog owners will visit your blog and comment. If you spend 20 to 30 minutes daily on commenting and comment on 10 to 15 blogs, you can expect 50 to 60 visitors.
- Participating In Forums. Register for a good (and big) forum. Include a link to your blog with your elevator pitch in your signature. Spend 20 to 30 minutes on this daily, and you may easily get 30 to 40 visitors. Digital Point and SitePoint are two great forums to start with.
- Social Networking. Make some friends on Social Networks like Twitter and StumbleUpon. Ask them to ReTweet or Share your posts. Also, take some time to fill out your profile and add links to your blog. Using StumbleUpon and Twitter, you can easily get 50 to 100 visits daily.
- Write Good Stuff. If your posts are boring and offer nothing unique, the above exercises are of no use! Make sure your posts have quality.
These were just 5 ways to get traffic to a new blog. What methods did you use to get traffic to your new blog? Please share them in our comments.
If you liked this post, consider subscribing to our Blogging With Success Newsletter for exclusive content and free eBooks. Click here to subscribe.